WHAT WE COLLECT
We get information about you in a range of ways.
Information You Give Us. We collect your name, postal address, email address, phone number, location, username, password, demographic information (such as your age, gender, occupation), third party social media profile information, as well as other information you directly give us on our Site. If you elect to purchase products or services through our Site, we will collect the payment information that you provide to facilitate the transaction.
Location Information. When you use the Site, we may collect your location information from your device. This location information may include your longitudinal and latitudinal coordinates. If you do not agree to this collection, you can change your privacy preferences on your device, but some functionality of the Site may be disabled.
Information Automatically Collected. We automatically log information about you and your computer. For example, when visiting our Site, we log your computer operating system type, browser type, browser language, the website you visited before browsing to our Site, pages you viewed, how long you spent on a page, access times, and information about your use of and actions on our Site.
Cookies. We may log information using “cookies.” Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive by a website. We may use both session Cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent Cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them) to provide you with a more personal and interactive experience on our Site. This type of information is collected to make the Site more useful to you and to tailor the experience with us to meet your special interests and needs.
Google Analytics. We also use Google Analytics to understand how the site is being used. Google Analytics uses permanent cookies on your web browser to identify you as a unique user. All data are anonymous. Please review the Google Privacy pages for more information: https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We know it is important to protect your personal data under the EU Regulation 2016/679 General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and we are committed to giving you a personalized service that meets your needs in a way that also protects your privacy.
You provide us with your data for us to do this:
- We send you emails (only if you opt-in)
- We call you (only if you opt-in)
- We send you marketing materials (only if you opt-in)
- We collect data from you to do this.
- When you browse our website, we may collect anonymous data relating to how you use our website. We use this to maintain and improve our website and the service we provide to you.
- We use data that you provide to us and data we collect from you to do this.
- When you agree to take a service or product from us: through purchasing, registering, logging into, authenticating or accessing your account. We use this data to fulfill the service to you.
- You fill in a form on our website (contact us, buy, request a demo etc.) We use this data to respond to your requests.
Providing us with information about others
Types of data that we collect
- Contact details
- This may include your first name, last name, telephone numbers (mobile or landline), email address, company details, etc.
- Data that identifies you
- Your IP address (mostly anonymized), browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types, geolocation data (your location in the world), operating system and version, etc.
- Data on how you use our website
- Your URL clickstreams (the path you take through our website), pages viewed, page response times, website errors, download errors, the time that you spend on our website, how you navigate our website and use it, how often you use it, etc.
- Children’s data: Geotarget is a business service directed at adults and for use in business. We do not target children and we do not knowingly collect any personal data from children, any person under 16 years of age. If you are not 16 years of age or above, you may not use our service or software. If our algorithms or staff validate your age to be below 16 years, we will disable your account.
How and why we use your data
The GDPR describes how we can use your data and the legal basis to do so. This is how and why we use your data:
Legal basis is defined as follows:
- Contract: this is necessary to fulfill the contract that you have with us or necessary to fulfill the procedures prior to entering the contract.
- Consent: you have given consent for us to process your data for that specific purpose.
- Legitimate interest: this is necessary for our legitimate interests or legitimate interests of a third party. These may include to gain insights from your conduct on our website, to provide our service and products to you, to improve and develop our services, communication and support, to determine the effectiveness of our marketing, to enhance our data security, etc.
We use your personal information to:
- operate, maintain, and improve our sites, products, and services.
- process and deliver contest entries and rewards.
- respond to comments and questions and provide customer service.
- send information including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages.
- communicate about promotions, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by us and our selected partners.
- link or combine user information with other personal information.
- protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity.
- customize and tailor content and advertising to specific audiences or individuals.
- provide and deliver products and services customers request.
- facilitate purchase transactions
SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share personal information as follows:
- We may share personal information with your consent. For example, you may let us share personal information with others for their own marketing uses. Those uses will be subject to their privacy policies.
- We may share personal information when we do a business deal, or negotiate a business deal, involving the sale or transfer of all or a part of our business or assets. These deals can include any merger, financing, acquisition, or bankruptcy transaction or proceeding.
- We may share information with those who need it to do work for us.
We may also share aggregated and/or anonymized data with others for their own uses.
You can change your consent preferences at any time. This means that you can give consent and withdraw consent whenever you want to. You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or update your consent preferences at https://geotargetus.com/
YOUR PRIVACY CHOICES
- You can choose not to provide us with your personal data (you will still be able to visit our website however, we will not be able to provide you with our products and services).
- You can disable cookies in your browser (you can continue to visit our website, however, the website may not work as effectively or optimally).
- You can choose that we do not use your personal data for marketing purposes (we will ask you before we use your personal data for marketing purposes and you can always opt-in or opt-out by contacting us or by updating your preferences on our website).
Your Privacy Rights
- The GDPR sets out the following rights applicable to data subjects. You can exercise your rights by contacting us at email@example.com
- The right to access
- You have the right to access your personal data that we hold about you.
- You can contact Geotarget LLC requesting this information via a subject access request (SAR) free of charge.
The subject access request should be made by email firstname.lastname@example.org. Geotarget will verify the individual making the subject access request before handing over the information.
Geotarget LLC will aim to respond to such a request in, usually, one month of receipt but this may be extended if the SAR is complex. We will keep you informed of the progress.
- The right to be informed
- We aim to keep you informed of how your information is collected, processed, transferred, and stored.
- The purpose for collecting the information at the time of collection
- Information collected for communication purposes, at the time of the first communication
- Transfer of data to another party, before transfer or as soon as reasonably possible
- Transfer of information to a third party located outside of the EMI
- The right to rectification
We aim to keep the personal data we hold about you accurate and up to date. If you tell us that we are holding any inaccurate personal data about you, we will delete it or correct it promptly. Please email us at email@example.com. Our systems enable our users to update their information if required.
THE RIGHT TO ERASURE (ALSO KNOWN AS THE ‘RIGHT TO BE FORGOTTEN’)
- You can request that your personal data that Geotarget LLC holds about you be erased. Geotarget will erase personal data in accordance with the GDPR. Unless Geotarget LLC has reasonable grounds to refuse the erasure, all requests will be complied with.
INFORMATION CHOICES AND CHANGES
- Our marketing emails tell you how to “opt-out.” If you opt out, we may still send you non-marketing emails. Non-marketing emails include emails about your accounts and our business dealings with you.
- You may send requests about personal information to our Contact Information below. You can request to change contact choices, opt-out of our sharing with others, and update your personal information.
- You can typically remove and reject cookies from our Site with your browser settings. Many browsers are set to accept cookies until you change your settings. If you remove or reject our cookies, it could affect how our Site works for you.
- Links to third-party websites from this website are provided as a convenience to you. If you use these links, you will leave this site. We do not assume responsibility for any of these sites, their content, or their privacy policies.
- On the Site, we may use secure socket layer technology (SSL), which is designed to encrypt the transmission of information shared between your browser and our site. Where SSL is being used, a padlock icon will appear adjacent to the URL in your browser. Click on the padlock next to the URL to view certificate details. If you do not see the padlock, we may not have implemented SSL on the Site, or there could be an issue with your browser or the secure socket layer technology.
- We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
- Even after you delete your account, copies of information you have submitted to the site, such as survey responses, may remain viewable elsewhere to the extent it has been shared with others, it was otherwise distributed by others, or it was copied or stored by other users. You may not have the authority or ability to remove information (including survey responses) you submitted by participating in the site.
- If we become involved in a merger, acquisition, or any form of sale of some or all of its assets, your information may be included in the assets sold or transferred to the acquirer. You hereby agree that we may transfer or assign the information we have collected from you in connection with any such event. In the event of a bankruptcy, insolvency, reorganization, receivership or assignment for the benefit of creditors, we may not be able to control how your personal information is treated, transferred or used.
LOCATION OF SERVERS
2220 Sedwick Road
Durham, NC 27713